Monday, 28 May 2012

Morphy, you so clumsy

This is the morphy rig, I have used this character for all of my Maya animation so far, I find it great for a starting point as he is an average size and look so wont restrict me with what animations I can use him in. This was one of my first animations using him and I found it fairly easy just time consuming. We where allowed to do anything with this assignment the only rules were that we had to make him start on one side and finish on the other. I first attempted to animate him doing back flips and spins across the pedestals but found out it was incredibly difficult and struggled to make him do one back flip smoothly whether this was the rig or just because I was just a beginner I’m not sure. I am fairly pleased with how it came out, this was my first real animating assignment and I think the movement was smooth. I could have improved this though by adding in more anticipation at the start and made him study the course a bit more, I noticed his eyes weren’t always pointing in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment