Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Cornish Stories



This was another real world client project where we would work in a team recreating the earlier Ardman animations where they would take an audio track from an interview and make an animation to it. We were making this for Truro cathedral and its currently still in use there now, we had to start our animations with one of the stain glass windows in the church and use one of the corresponding interviews we were given. There were several themes such as mining and fishing our group picked mining. I found this to be one of my least favorite projects as I had very little to contribute, I use 3D software and this was all 2D so I did allot a preproduction work such as storyboard first drafts and coming up with ideas. Although i found this project did teach me a valuable talent witch is the art of applying sound to the animation. I was in charge of compiling a massive sound bank and at the end I edited together the scenes along with the soundtrack.

(waiting on property to be released)

No comments:

Post a Comment